Friday, March 28, 2014

Status update ... Condor, surface in two hours and call the Major.

If moving to the new shop and setting up all the machines wasn't enough to keep me busy, I lost all telephone service, internet access and TV last Monday evening. Not in the shop, at home where I also have my office and handle all my email.

Luckily, I have this iPad with 3G wireless or else I would be totally shit out of luck. I do not have access to my email databank as it is too large for the iPad, but I am replying to all customer email as quickly as possible.

My service contract with German Telekom stipulates that they will remedy any service outage within 24 hours. Thing is, the technicians all went out on strike. My wife waited home all morning as we had a service appointment .... Nobody showed so she called and found out nobody was coming and Telekom can't even say when anybody will be coming. Can you believe that shit?

On the good side, I made a lot of progress setting up the new shop. Next week I will be getting 6 running meters of new heavy duty steel shelving and that should allow me to unpack and sort out the rest of the crap still sitting on pallets.

Right now I will be calling it a day and heading out into the kitchen to grill some steaks. My wife is pissed that she sat home waiting for a Telekom repairman who never even reported for work. At least the electricity for the stove is still on! ;-)